STAGES AND MILESTONES PASSED BY IDEF FAIRS
- In terms of purpose and scope;
- IDEF Fairs initially served the purpose of introducing the national defence industry to the world,
- However, it became an important international promotion, marketing and cooperation platform in the fields of defence, security, maritime, aviation and space industry in a short time,
- It has become one of the four largest defence industry fairs in the world in terms of the number of participating companies and delegations.
- In terms of the city, fairground and organizer company where it is organized;
- Between 1993-2003; Two of the first six IDEF Fairs held in Ankara Türkkuşu Facilities were organized by TÜYAP Fairs and Exhibitions Organization Inc., and the other four were organized by CNR International Fairs Inc.
- Between 2005-2007; Two IDEF Fairs held in 75th Year Ankara Hippodrome were organized by TÜYAP Fairs and Exhibitions Organization Inc.
- Between 2009-2019; The last six IDEF Fairs held in İstanbul TÜYAP Fairs and Congress Center were organized by TÜYAP Fairs and Exhibitions Organization Inc.
- IDEF will be held in 2021 again at İstanbul TÜYAP Fairs and Congress Center by TÜYAP Fairs and Exhibitions Organization Inc.
- In terms of the month of the fair;
- The first seven IDEF Fairs held between 1993-2005 were organized in September-October,
- The month of the fair has been shifted April-May since 2007.
- 2007 yılından itibaren ise Nisan-Mayıs aylarına kaydırılmıştır. This change has been important in the fair's increasing success rate.
- In terms of the number of participating delegations and companies;
- 233 delegation members from 43 countries, a total of 190 companies, 31 national and 159 international from 22 countries participated in the first IDEF Fair held in 1993.
- In the following years, the number of delegations and companies increased significantly, especially since 2005, when the organizer company and the fair area changed and since 2009, when the fair was moved to Istanbul.
- 151 delegations consisting of 588 members from 71 countries and 3 international organizations, 1.061 companies / representatives of which 481 national and 580 international from 53 countries and 76.010 professional visitors of which 71.082 national and 4.928 international from 96 countries participated in IDEF 2019.
- In terms of the meetings held at the fair;
- The planning of the meetings between the Meeting Office Authorities, Delegations and participating companies was started for the first time in 2005 and a total of 387 meetings were held at this fair.
- In the following years, the meetings became one of the most important activities of IDEF Fairs and 2.700 meetings were held at IDEF 2019.
- In terms of the signing ceremonies;
- As an indicator of the Turkish defence industry proving itself in national and international arenas, the number of signing ceremonies held at IDEF Fairs has also increased in each Fair period.
- For example, 8 signing ceremonies were held in IDEF 2005 and 100 Signing Ceremonies were held in IDEF 2019.
- In terms of institutions and organizations that auspicies, host and support the fair;
- IDEF Fairs have encouraged and supported by the top level authorities of the Republic of Turkey from the beginning.
- 12 IDEF Fairs organized between 1993-2015 were organized under the auspices and support of the Ministry of National Defence.
- The approval of Mr. President Recep Tayyip ERDOĞAN about organizing IDEF 2017 under the auspicies of the Presidency of the Republic of Turkey, has added a different excitement to the Fair. In this context; IDEF 2017 and IDEF 2019 Fairs held under the auspices of the Presidency of the Republic of Turkey, hosted by Turkish Ministry of National Defence, under the management and responsibility of Turkish Armed Forces Foundation General Directorate and Organized by TÜYAP Fairs and Exhibitions Organization Inc. The official application about organizing IDEF 2021 under the Presidential auspicies has been already made.
- The names and logos of the institutions and organizations supporting the fair were also used for the first time in IDEF 2017 Fair promotion activities.
- You can see the institutions / organizations that support IDEF 2021 Fair on http://idef.com.tr/en/idef21-supporters page.
Thanks to the knowledge and experience of Turkish Armed Forces Foundation in the organization of IDEF Fairs over a quarter century, IDEF has become a global brand of Turkey and an important international promotion, marketing and cooperation platform in the fields of defence and security.
WHAT AWAITS YOU AT IDEF 2021?
IDEF 2021 will be held under the auspices of the Presidency of the Republic of Turkey (the official application has been made), hosted by Turkish Ministry of National Defence, under the management and responsibility of TAFF and organized by TÜYAP Fairs and Exhibitions Organization Inc. between 25-28 May 2021 in TÜYAP Fair and Congress Center in İstanbul.
Highlights of the IDEF 2021
- It is expected that approximately 1.000 national and international companies active directly or indirectly in defence, security, maritime, aerospace industry will participate in the fair.
- More than 400 official delegations, including the Defence Ministers and the senior civil and military authorities responsible for procurement of the friendly and allied countries are invited by high level authorities of the Ministry of National Defence, the Ministry of Interior and the Presidency for Defence Industries. Meetings and stand visits of the participated delegations will be planned.
- Approximately 30 meeting offices will be opened by the procurement authorities of the Ministry of National Defence, Ministry of Interior and Presidency for Defence Industries to meet at the fairground with participating companies and delegations.
- The weapons and materials in inventory will be displayed and promotional activities will be carried out at the stand of the Ministry of National Defence by Turkish Armed Forces General Staff, Turkish Land Forces, Turkish Naval Forces, Turkish Air Force, Military Factories General Directorate, Shipyards General Directorate, National Defence University, Map General Directorate, Pharmaceutical Factory General Directorate and / or National Mines Activity Center Head Office (MAFAM).
- The weapons and materials in inventory will be displayed and promotional activities will be carried out at the stand of the Ministry of Interior by The General Command og Gendarmerie, Turkish National Police and Turkish Coast Guard Command.
- The ships belonging to Turkish Naval Forces and Turkish Coast Guard Command will be opened for visits of delegations, exhibitors, visitors and the press.
- On the 2nd day of the fair, the Ministry of National Defence Demonstration Day and on the 3rd day, the Ministry of Interior Demonstration Day events will be organized, the fair visits of the high level authorities and the personnel belonging to the these ministries will be mainly made these days.
- In the Suppliers Zone, which will be established on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th days of the fair, the officials of the procurement / purchasing / R&D departments of the big exhibitors and small manufacturers will be brought together to improve business opportunities among them.
- On the 4th day of the fair, Career Day events will be organized in order to ensure the contact of the participating companies' Human Resources / Education Academies staff and university students, graduates and the currently working or retired trained manpower.
- Panels and presentations will be held on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th days of the fair.
- Many Signing Ceremonies will be held during the fair.
IDEF 2021 Fair, as always, will be an event not to be missed and a very important promotion, marketing and cooperation platform where Turkish and world defence industry will come together.
For press accreditation, logo and other visual supply, other issues and more information, you can contact TÜYAP officials at firstname.lastname@example.org