STAGES AND MILESTONES PASSED BY IDEF FAIRS
- In terms of purpose and scope;
- IDEF Fairs initially served the purpose of introducing the national defence industry to the world,
- However, it became an important international promotion, marketing and cooperation platform in the fields of defence, security, maritime, aviation and space industry in a short time,
- It has become one of the four largest defence industry fairs in the world in terms of the number of participating companies and delegations.
- In terms of the city, fairground and organizer company where it is organized;
- Between 1993-2003; Two of the first six IDEF Fairs held in Ankara Türkkuşu Facilities were organized by TÜYAP Fairs and Exhibitions Organization Inc., and the other four were organized by CNR International Fairs Inc.
- Between 2005-2007; Two IDEF Fairs held in 75th Year Ankara Hippodrome were organized by TÜYAP Fairs and Exhibitions Organization Inc.
- Between 2009-2021; The last seven IDEF Fairs held in İstanbul TÜYAP Fairs and Congress Center were organized by TÜYAP Fairs and Exhibitions Organization Inc.
- IDEF will be held in 2023 again at İstanbul TÜYAP Fairs and Congress Center by TÜYAP Fairs and Exhibitions Organization Inc.
- In terms of the month of the fair;
- The first seven IDEF Fairs held between 1993-2005 were organized in September-October,
- The month of the fair has been shifted April-May since 2007.
- In terms of the number of participating delegations and companies;
- 233 delegation members from 43 countries, a total of 190 national and international companies, from 22 countries participated in the first IDEF Fair held in 1993.
- In the following years, the number of delegations and companies increased significantly, especially since 2005, when the organizer company and the fair area changed and since 2009, when the fair was moved to Istanbul.
- 163 delegations consisting of 614 members from 81 countries and 2 international organizations, 1.238 companies / representatives from 53 countries and 68.795 professional visitors from 94 countries participated in IDEF 2021.
- In terms of the meetings held at the fair;
- The planning of the meetings between the Meeting Office Authorities, Delegations and participating companies was started for the first time in 2005 and a total of 387 meetings were held at this fair.
- In the following years, the meetings became one of the most important activities of IDEF Fairs and 4.055 meetings were held at IDEF 2021.
- In terms of the signing ceremonies;
- As an indicator of the Turkish defence industry proving itself in national and international arenas, the number of signing ceremonies held at IDEF Fairs has also increased in each Fair period.
- 8 Signing Ceremonies were held in IDEF 2005 was increased to 94 in IDEF 2021.
IDEF 2023 will be held under the auspices of the Presidency of the Republic of Türkiye, hosted by Turkish Ministry of National Defence, with the contributions of the Presidency of the Republic of Türkiye Defence Industry Agency, under the management and responsibility of TAFF and organized by TÜYAP Fairs and Exhibitions Organization Inc. between July 25-28,2023 in TÜYAP Fair and Congress Center in İstanbul.
Highlights of the IDEF 2023
- It is expected that approximately 1.000 national and international companies active directly or indirectly in defence, security, maritime, aerospace industry will participate in the fair.
- More than 400 official delegations, including the Defence Ministers and the senior civil and military authorities responsible for procurement of the friendly and allied countries are invited by high level authorities of the Ministry of National Defence, the Ministry of Interior and the Presidency for Defence Industries. Meetings and stand visits of the participated delegations will be planned.
- Approximately 30 meeting offices will be opened by the procurement authorities of the Ministry of National Defence, Ministry of Interior and Presidency for Defence Industries to meet at the fairground with participating companies and delegations.
- The weapons and materials in inventory will be displayed and promotional activities will be carried out at the stand of the Ministry of National Defence by Turkish Armed Forces General Staff, Turkish Land Forces, Turkish Naval Forces, Turkish Air Force, Military Factories General Directorate, Shipyards General Directorate, National Defence University, Map General Directorate, Pharmaceutical Factory General Directorate and / or National Mines Activity Center Head Office (MAFAM).
- The weapons and materials in inventory will be displayed and promotional activities will be carried out at the stand of the Ministry of Interior by The General Command og Gendarmerie, Turkish National Police and Turkish Coast Guard Command.
- The ships belonging to Turkish Naval Forces and Turkish Coast Guard Command will be opened for visits of delegations, exhibitors, visitors and the press.
- Panels and presentations will be held on the 2nd and 3rd days of the fair.
- Many Signing Ceremonies will be held during the fair.
IDEF 2023 Fair, as always, will be an event not to be missed and a very important promotion, marketing and cooperation platform where Turkish and world defence industry will come together.
For press accreditation, logo and other visual supply, other issues and more information, you can contact TÜYAP officials at [email protected]